The other mob

MisterC

10 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Frightening that without VAR that goal stands.

Yup. It’s the reason the attacks on refs have turned directly to VAR. 

If Hibs were playing any other team on Sunday and those 3 decisions were made, the ref should have been applauded all this week as probably the first ref who has had the balls all season to call 3 decisions correctly on his own. 

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You do, but if they’re only back for then and no games beforehand they’ll be well off it. 

Think I heard on the radio this morning hetate has played 20 mins in last 5 months.  

8 hours ago, demise said:

Apparently BBC gossip says McGregor and Hatate could be back for the OF. I was kinda hoping McGregor season being over rumor is true. 

Brenda has been very sheepish talking about McGregor so I'd lean to his season being over like the rumour that's doing the rounds, we'll know for sure soon enough.

4 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

I hope so to but because he is a turncoat bastard. Overrated prick the gets shown up anytime someone presses him

Anytime they come up against a half decent side in europe he goes missing in midfield 

13 hours ago, Badger said:

McGregor is a good player, everything goes through him.

They are a worse team without him, and we are kidding ourselves on to think anything otherwise.

Thats all true. But far worse teams than Rangers have shown how you deal with him. St johnstone are one of the weakest teams in this league and they managed it earlier in the season. Get someone to stick on him at all times and it stops him dictacting the pace of the game. Others have done it also this season. Thats opposed to Beales masterstroke of letting him have the entire centre circle to himself last august. Ways and means.

5 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Thats all true. But far worse teams than Rangers have shown how you deal with him. St johnstone are one of the weakest teams in this league and they managed it earlier in the season. Get someone to stick on him at all times and it stops him dictacting the pace of the game. Others have done it also this season. Thats opposed to Beales masterstroke of letting him have the entire centre circle to himself last august. Ways and means.

I'm no tactical genius, but I do think the intensity Postecoglu had them playing with, meant teams couldn't focus on cutting out McGregor. The slower pace the Rodgers plays at gives teams the time to organise and stifle. 

I've said for a few years that if you stifle McGregor - you stop them dictating the middle and they quickly look out of ideas