*****The Official Liverpool v Rangers Thread*****

Just now, superallysbears said:

He's no got the personality to lead us, I find it hard to even listen to him, folk might take a different view and I know there's more wrong than just him, I just find him ordinary and uninspiring. 

Exactly the same, stopped listening to post match and press conferences coz he just bores the life out me, no personality whatsoever

41 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Walked out my dad's house about 20 minutes ago because he was ranting and raving about how shite Jack is. Tried to tell him he hadn't a clue what he was talking about but he was having none of it.

Suppose I'll phone and apologise in the morning or something.

Sounds like my old man as well anything for an argument. :lol:

9 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Tillmans the sort of player that will play well when 1. He’s in the middle not out wide 2. we are dominating possession or at least getting forward regularly.

In games like this he’s never gonna make an impact.

You could put Jota of the tarriers in our team in his position and he would also look poor, it’s a team game and the setup / tactics / overall quality/desire of the team as a whole that matters more than individual brilliance.

How far we have regressed is fully on Gio & the Board.

The annoying thing is if you play Tillman in his proper position he will win us games of football in SPFL. Gio will do what he did when he played him out of position v Tarriers, bomb him for likes of st Mirren at home which is the exact type of games he should be playing in.

8 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

On the plus side we'll show them a proper atmosphere when they visit Glasgow. In days gone by Anfield used to be a great atmosphere 

Our players will do their best to ensure the atmosphere dies within 10 mins of kick off. 
Think we all know it’ll be more of the same next week.

A stroll for Liverpool 

5 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Exactly the same, stopped listening to post match and press conferences coz he just bores the life out me, no personality whatsoever

I don’t really get this shout and I’m seeing more of it.

Gerrard was the opposite to gio you’d agree? Gave you sound bites you clearly liked to hear, you’d think they’d want to run through brick walls for him… didn’t stop them winning trebles or us doing atrocious in the cups did it?

Ancelotti seems the most boring cunt in the world when he talks yet look at his trophy cabinet.

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I don’t really get this shout and I’m seeing more of it.

Gerrard was the opposite to gio you’d agree? Gave you sound bites you clearly liked to hear, you’d think they’d want to run through brick walls for him… didn’t stop them winning trebles or us doing atrocious in the cups did it?

Ancelotti seems the most boring cunt in the world when he talks yet look at his trophy cabinet.

Anybody that actually gives a fuck about press conferences is a massive loser

I’m not daft enough to think we’d go away anywhere in the champions league and dominate the game or that but I’d still expect us to show a bit more, lack of intensity the first half was freighting. Can understand if the game plan was to allow their defenders to have the ball and then engage when it went further up the park but too often the ball would go into their midfielders and we’d be no where near them. Virtually no pace in the front three despite the ridiculously high line they play, they probably concede 1 or 2 chances every week from balls in behind. The biggest thing that annoyed me though was the lack of composure, too many players panicking felt at times players expected to lose the ball as soon as we won it also when we did win it deep the lack of movement off the ball was shocking as well Goldson would win it and everyone round him would be a statue. 

6 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

The annoying thing is if you play Tillman in his proper position he will win us games of football in SPFL. Gio will do what he did when he played him out of position v Tarriers, bomb him for likes of st Mirren at home which is the exact type of games he should be playing in.

My feeling every time I see him play is that he needs far too much time to control the ball, make a pass , shoot etc. Might do well in friendliest or lower league teams but not suited to competitive games against decent opposition.

We’ve just become so predictable and slow all over the pitch. Players all seem disjointed and lost. There is no sense of style or positive intention anywhere. Everyone is waiting for someone else to do something. It’s as if the life as been sucked out of everyone. You watch players like Thiago, Henderson, TAA, they all demand the ball, and they demand their team play with them, as a unit, we have nothing anything close to that. 

I get it’s Liverpool, I get it’s Champions League, but we see it week in week out domestically as well. I love this team, always will, but I cannot stand the football we’re playing right now. 

28 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Because it’s the clear difference between the Rangers and Liverpool squads

For what it's worth they did mention it... but as Ally said - it is what it is. 

We don't spend our Saturday afternoons sitting and making excuses for the dross in the SPL.. Financial disparity is everywhere in modern day football. 

56 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

We’ve just become so predictable and slow all over the pitch. Players all seem disjointed and lost. There is no sense of style or positive intention anywhere. Everyone is waiting for someone else to do something. It’s as if the life as been sucked out of everyone. You watch players like Thiago, Henderson, TAA, they all demand the ball, and they demand their team play with them, as a unit, we have nothing anything close to that. 

I get it’s Liverpool, I get it’s Champions League, but we see it week in week out domestically as well. I love this team, always will, but I cannot stand the football we’re playing right now. 

Henderson gets subbed, pissed off, and can't even look at his manager. Our players look relieved when taken off—no fire in the belly in most of those players.

Tillman and Kent were unsurprisingly pish. Davis and Lundstram were outnumbered, passed around and absolutely pish when they did have the ball. 

1st half was pathetic. There was clear chances to press them, plenty opportunities to drive forward and we couldn't get rid of the ball fast enough when we did have it.

2nd half was better and the subs had a positive impact. Say what you will about Sakala and Matondo but Sakala made a clear difference when he came on and Matondo was a better out ball in 10 minutes than Kent was for 80. 

If Colak scores it would have been an interesting finish but should be more than enough encouragement from that 2nd half to just have a go next week. 

7 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

I'm far from being a fan of Goldson, but I thought he had a decent game tonight. 

I think Goldson is a shite bag, a complete Fanny, probably one of the worst centre half’s in 50 years but he was actually ok tonight 🤦‍♂️
The problem was the whole team set up was wrong!

21 minutes ago, Iakona said:

For what it's worth they did mention it... but as Ally said - it is what it is. 

We don't spend our Saturday afternoons sitting and making excuses for the dross in the SPL.. Financial disparity is everywhere in modern day football. 

Who’s making excuses? I know there’s financial disparity in football that’s why I mentioned it. That’s why we beat most teams in Scotland but can’t beat teams in the CL. It’s a fact that more money should equal better players and squad, it’s not an excuse. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Sitting 2 points off the top (shambles at Hibs to blame) 

Got to the CL, embarrassing against Ajax, well in it until we capitulated after a red and penalty against Napoli, and got beat off a free kick and penalty against Liverpool, and cunts want him sacked :lol: 

An interesting take on events so far. Factually correct, if lacking insight.