Fashion Sakala

G.E.C.

6 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

I was willing to give Sakala the benefit of the doubt as I think his pace and directness caused opposition teams problems, but that’s 2 very crucially bad misses against them and the 1 against Aberdeen last week. His general shooting isn’t great either with plenty of efforts high and wide being struck. And by the way, he’s not the only one that can’t seem to hit the target. I really do wonder what we practice at the training ground when it comes to shooting.

Anyway, I’d not be totally bothered if he stayed as a squad player/backup striker but if we get anything like the £3 million supposedly offered before we should take it and move him on.

If you watch pre game live the shooting drills both teams do (player passes to coach who lays off for a shot). We always go for power and hit about half over the bar or wide.

Every single celtic player goes for some control. At Ibrox only 1 player hit it over (giomakkis).

Some of that can’t just be technical. Must be coaching 

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

His end product is just brutal which is a shame because the rest of his game is fine.

That open goal isn’t even unlucky. It’s just his level. Tbh I wouldn’t back Sakala, Morelos, Kent, wright or Matondo to bury an open goal.

Which sums them all up.

Happy to keep Sakala as a squad option because he’s not a sulker. Equally any bid of around 3 million I’d sell

This. Sakala is actually contributing stats wise and he does have a goal and a penalty win against them. The two misses at Hampden are both criminal. Was hoping he was offside after yesterday's miss but after watching it back he wasn't. Think this one was worse than the last.

12 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

If you watch pre game live the shooting drills both teams do (player passes to coach who lays off for a shot). We always go for power and hit about half over the bar or wide.

Every single celtic player goes for some control. At Ibrox only 1 player hit it over (giomakkis).

Some of that can’t just be technical. Must be coaching 

They have Harry Kewell as a coach which probably helps. You are not the first one to mention the training on the pitch as we always just seem to do whatever whilst they have specific drills they work through.

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

They have Harry Kewell as a coach which probably helps. You are not the first one to mention the training on the pitch as we always just seem to do whatever whilst they have specific drills they work through.

We had Roy McKaay, but it made no difference to any of them.

I've never seen a forward line with zero composure quite like this lot.

20 hours ago, Canabear said:

M8 his miss in the LCF came around the same time in the game , at the same end of the pitch with the same result coming at a time when the team were on the ascendancy and could be argued it cost us a Cup. Today's miss was worse and cost us a Cup Final and probably another Cup.

I'm biased in my assessment of this guy because I've never ever rated him even when he was scoring goals. He's a crisp poke chaser who may or may not have pace and I could count on one hand many times he's taken the ball up to a defender and actually beat him.

I actually thought he should've burst the net with the one he hit Hart with at the start of the 2nd half as well.

There is absolutely no excuse for missing this chance...............NONE.

image.thumb.png.ee59cf7e82c0f28118840013d97bd76b.png

If anyone has any doubts about Sakala look no further than this post. I'd even go so far as saying that miss was so fucking bad, even Matondo would have put it in the back of the net.

7 minutes ago, Don54 said:

If anyone has any doubts about Sakala look no further than this post. I'd even go so far as saying that miss was so fucking bad, even Matondo would have put it in the back of the net.

I still have hopes for Matondo. As for Sakala's miss my 90 year old mother would at least have hit the target from that range.

There's a reaction based off his miss yesterday which I can understand, but I know from his ability that he is capable of they misses the same way he is capable of scoring a wonder goal and not mean it. 

For me he is an adequate squad player who will chip in with goals, try his hardest and won't hide. We just need to accept he isn't very good technically. 

The fact our 1st choice front 3 lack the numbers in front of goal and Matondo has came back in from the cold says it all. We are shite, we have loads of deadwood who are shite and a scouting team who are shite as well. 

I'm dreading the next few months and next season, probably the lowest I've been being a Rangers fan. 

11 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

There's a reaction based off his miss yesterday which I can understand, but I know from his ability that he is capable of they misses the same way he is capable of scoring a wonder goal and not mean it. 

For me he is an adequate squad player who will chip in with goals, try his hardest and won't hide. We just need to accept he isn't very good technically. 

The fact our 1st choice front 3 lack the numbers in front of goal and Matondo has came back in from the cold says it all. We are shite, we have loads of deadwood who are shite and a scouting team who are shite as well. 

I'm dreading the next few months and next season, probably the lowest I've been being a Rangers fan. 

Why would we accept anyone who isn't very good technically? it wasn't just his open-goal miss, he skied two over the bar like he usually does. I don't give a fuck how hard he tries or has a friendly smile, he is rubbish and needs to go.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Why would we accept anyone who isn't very good technically? it wasn't just his open-goal miss, he skied two over the bar like he usually does. I don't give a fuck how hard he tries or has a friendly smile, he is rubbish and needs to go.

Coz unfortunately when we have 8 out of contract we need to keep some players no matter how much we want rid of everyone. So as it stands he'll do until we can replace him but only as a squad player, he has shown he can score goals against the dross which will come in handy and the players we sign to replace the other failures will be the guys who need to hit the ground running. 

3 hours ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Sakala is only a couple of pieces short of being the real deal,

unfortunately the two things he's missing is talent and ability

I genuinely laughed out loud at this. Well done 😂