At long last

G.E.C.

Hoping I’m right here time will tell

I hope that result installs confidence in the team to kick on domestically now, I think if we qualified for the CL we would have taken an utter pasting this week and heads will drop even further, sadly footballing wise EL is our level and I reckon(hope) this could be a blessing

28 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Fuck that

We finally looked like a team tonight. 

Butland, Tav, Lundstram and Roofe take your fucking hats off. 

We might just be alright btw. 

Totally agree. Butland is a superb signing. Possibly the top signing in the SPL this season. Lots of old names on that list though. The issue is he is the only new signing that has looked up for it so far. But a great springboard tonight to try and get the season back on track. 

48 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I'm old enough to remember us beating Osasuna  1-0 in the early 80s.....you have to go back to the 60s for our 3 other wins

I was at the Osasuna game with my Da, I was 10!

It was pissing down rain, the pitch was completely waterlogged and if it hadn’t been a euro tie it would have been abandoned. 

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Fuck that

We finally looked like a team tonight. 

Butland, Tav, Lundstram and Roofe take your fucking hats off. 

We might just be alright btw. 

Playing in 5th gear at long last.

Isco will replay the match and know the better team won.

Fantastic!

More of this please!

1 hour ago, Malkster said:

Better 2nd half, some decnt performances namely, Lundstram, Roofe. Still a long way to go!

P.S. Butland is a keeper :pipe:

I thought Davies and Borna also were very good.

A really strange game; for the first 30 minutes we looked like a poor part time team with a midfield who could not keep possession or make simple passes. A long ball hit and hope team. The suddenly Cifuentes started to look as if he had actually played the game and Lundsram and Lawrence started to get on the ball and make passes. A deserved hard working win which with a bit of luck could have been a lot more comfortable.

IMO solid night, was not expecting much out of game, there was a game plan the players stuck to, the formation looked pretty solid, they looked decent, Isco what a player. 

We struggled first half but slowly grew into game and got 3 points and clean sheet, in terms of outcome can't ask for much more.