Why do our fans accept mediocrity?

psb07158

Hot and cold with Tav, arguably has been the best RB we have had, however there are quite a few obvious negatives for me as well.

Goldson also has a few negatives over the positives. You'll get no flak from me regarding needing changes made. They're getting past the stage of being what we need now.

Although I would still get rid of Beales choices over those two first. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Against them in the past decade we have been pathetic. 

I mean we have managed to get to a European final, beat the likes of Dortmund, Betis and others yet against them 9 times out of 10 we get turned over.

Folk say its not mentality but it absolutely is.

For our club our record against them is a disgrace and we need several players punted from our starting line up to change this. Next month and the summer is massive 

Absolutely. It's clearly a mental block for certain players. 

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Online today I’ve read:

- Tav scoring was great and important because it will have scared them

- McAusland and Yilmaz played really well 

- it’s OK Sima was that bad because he’s been good this season

Another loss against them, think that’s our 30th odd loss against them in the last 35 games at their stadium. An absolutely appalling record to have against them 

The manager needs money in January and in the summer the likes of Goldson and Tavernier need to go (that will catch a lot of flak for me on here). I like Tav a lot, but we need to get rid of a core leadership group which is clearly psychologically scarred against them

Bang on, fucks me off

we’v been crying for a rebuild for years but the same core of let downs seem to stay window after window

Those points aimed at players must be the feeling of <5%.

Yilmaz not being totally shite is a bonus. Ross was OK but shite when it mattered.

Sima looked like he was scared to get involved in case he got a knock (early doors).

Not getting pumped when down to 10 was a positive.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I mean we have managed to get to a European final, beat the likes of Dortmund, Betis and others yet against them 9 times out of 10 we get turned over.

For our club our record against them is a disgrace and we need several players punted from our starting line up to change this. Next month and the summer is massive 

Gerrard’s biggest positive was against this lot.

first ever game, he sat back.

after that,  totally went all in about them.

it was games against the sheep hibs and hearts that we stumbled strangely enough. 

Fans always making excuses for Tav's consistently terrible performances in crunch games.  Theres a reason why he has outlived so many managers - he gets them the sack because he cannot defend and cannot be dropped because he scores. 

Pc needs to have the balls to drop players despite happy clappers objecting and fussing because their favourite player is actually proper shit.

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's been mentality for a long time. We've got too many players scared of these games and used to being 2nd best. 

Just now, Stunels said:

Fans always making excuses for Tav's consistently terrible performances in crunch games.  Theres a reason why he has outlived so many managers - he gets them the sack because he cannot defend and cannot be dropped because he scores. 

Pc needs to have the balls to drop players despite happy clappers objecting and fussing because their favourite player is actually proper shit.

To be clear I think he will have the balls to do this his hands are just tied by the shite he inherited 

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

This is what really really really ( I cant stress how many reallys) pisses me off. We've played far better teams than that shower of mutants off the park, come against them and too often we lose. I don't get it.

I just wish to fuck we could have all our players consistently turn up. Too often like today that more than a few go missing. No manager can survive with that type of inconsistency.

Clement didn't come out of today smelling of roses but he needs to make the right decisions and make big squad changes as soon as opportunities arise.

No player should be considered safe.

I don't accept mediocrity, on a day like today I try to pick out the positive signs, ultimately a poor performance by us overall, however on chances created we should have at least took a point, probably even won the game.

Everyone has agreed Dessers isn't going to cut it, but it was our only real option. 

Correct that issue hopefully with Silva and bring in a competent attacking left back and we will be in a good place. This team creates plenty chances, we just don't have anyone to take them.

Also in the middle of the park Cantwell is lost in big games, we need to hope we can get players back from injury.

Ryan Jack would never have let MacGregor boss and bully the way he did, if nothing else, he'd have given us that.