them

MisterC

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

First team to get knocked out of all 3 European competitions as well last season lol. 

Unreal they actually think they'll be anything other than easy games for the top sides. 

It's just Sutton playing to the gallery again. Saying what they want to hear.

2 hours ago, don logan said:

It's just Sutton playing to the gallery again. Saying what they want to hear.

More a dig at English football this, but for all their sense of superiority it's interesting that Sutton grafts so hard to make a buck (or be relevant at all) in Scotland football.  If he was relying on Blackburn, he'd have to be clucking in a Venky's chicken suit every weekend to pay the gas bill.

18 hours ago, AGC123 said:

This is genuinely the most mad thing on the internet 😂 

I’ve got my popcorn ready for the usual taig skelping 

46C345A2-3836-4AA0-9EC6-92BD11A18EEB.jpeg

We all know that he is just playing to the cheap seats here, but if he actually believes the drivel he is spouting, then what is he basing these predictions upon? Fat Mange is adamant that he will not change his style regardless of level of opposition or competition they are in, so what makes Sutton think that THEM will not, as has been so  entertainingly the case recently, be ripped apart by anything more than a half decent team they come up against in Europe?

15 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

I don’t get this attitude amongst them . They have been rotten in Europe for years. They lived off a one off victory against Barcelona when If I remember correctly Barca had already coasted through the group for the best part of  a decade . 

a bit of sense and decorum would have them approaching the champions league with the attitude I have for us . First of all hopefully get there and when there give a good decent account of ourselves . If we can drop into the Europa from the champions league groups I will be more than pleased . We have proof that Gio played and adapted to the European stage almost perfectly last season but it’s a step up in quality . 

If they think “angeball” is gonna get them far in the champions league their heads are up their arse . That system with their calibre of player will be chewed up and spat out in the champions league 

It's pure delusion on their part.

Postecoglou tactic might work in the league against sides that sit back. 

But it's already been showing last season when they crashed out of 3 competitions, european sides will simply play right through them. 

They haven't really improved their side have they, they've signed last seasons loanees to maintain what they had last season, and although I think it'll be a job for us to beat them to the league this season, there is literally zero reason for them to think they will perform well in Europe this season.

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Nah, they do know how to deal with clubs domestically.

They had a shite start to the season last year, but once their new team settled, it's hard to deny they were pretty good domestically.

They are shite in Europe and hopefully that will also mean shite against us.

We have to batter the dross in our league week in and week out and get the better of them in the OFs to win it.

We need to be on top form to win it.

There is part of what I was trying to say above, they kill games off, quickly deal with the dross, but there is an aspect of teams shiting it from them. 

They did also go through a stretch where every decision went their way, offside goals, players not being sent off, additional injury time (on a few occasions they scored in that time)

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

There is part of what I was trying to say above, they kill games off, quickly deal with the dross, but there is an aspect of teams shiting it from them. 

They did also go through a stretch where every decision went their way, offside goals, players not being sent off, additional injury time (on a few occasions they scored in that time)

I'm just hoping that fat cunt has second season syndrome.

Like you say, they had so many breaks go their way last year.

His signing success rate was fucking bizarre as well. Usually you are lucky with a 50% hit rate, that cunt seemed to hit gold with almost all of his. McCarthy and one of the Japanese guys were shit, but the rest of them all improved them.

Just now, dummiesoot said:

It will be interesting once VAR comes in to see how many of those decisions they still get. 

I think it will be tight again in the league. Back to the days when it usually came down to a few points.

Beating the rest of the league will be key for us. 

Gio showed he had figured them out. Another aspect hopefully will be having a full strength team. Pretty much every old firm last season, we went in with key players missing. 

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

His signing success rate was fucking bizarre as well. Usually you are lucky with a 50% hit rate, that cunt seemed to hit gold with almost all of his. McCarthy and one of the Japanese guys were shit, but the rest of them all improved them.

Indeed, not even the very best managers get such high success rates.

32 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They had a shite start to the season last year, but once their new team settled, it's hard to deny they were pretty good domestically.

We have to batter the dross in our league week in and week out and get the better of them in the OFs to win it.

We chucked it against the dross, what exactly are you saying is wrong about my post?

The last couple of old firms against them we were the better and fitter side, I have no concerns about them. I know you rate them highly as a club overall 

50 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I'm pretty confident in that regard. Gio has a better PPG against the rest than postecoglu. Against them in head to heads the momentum is with us as Gio found out how to counter them which he also did with just about every other team in the league and Europe.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

😂 hit gold, behave yourself, you are grossly inflating the impact and ability of the majority of their signings.