***** The Official Champions vs St. Johnstone Sat 11th Sept 2021*****

Boybluesy

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He is a two faced, wage thief.  Our starting line-ups were being leaked when he was pretending to play for us too. 

He's a rat but, even putting that aside, we should never have signed him. It's so obvious a player like him could never excel for us given the way teams set up against us in the SPL. 

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

He's a rat but, even putting that aside, we should never have signed him. It's so obvious a player like him could never excel for us given the way teams set up against us in the SPL. 

True. He was never good enough for us. 

His goal today was his first in over a year. Says it all. 

3 points and a good reaction from the team after a big knockback.

First half we didn't create too much but we barely got to the byline to turn St Johnstone apart from a couple of occasions with Bassey.

Terrible start to the second half with such a horrible goal to concede. Helander and Balogun much to flat from the long ball and the Helander turns in to Bambi. In terms of being flat it's something we've been pretty guilty of especially up against a front two since Gerrard came in.

Neither centre half are willing to and cut out the original ball and then it leaves us in all sorts of trouble. When playing against a top 2 I think we should seriously consider moving to a back 3.

I don't think it would bother us to much going forward but would leave us that spare man in case of counters or long balls. It would have meant Balogun and Helander have there man and there's one spare centre half to chase long balls like the one we lost the goal to today.

Anyway, that's for another day. A really good win at a tough ground against a sticky team!

21 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

4 wins from 5 games is an acceptable start to the season. Especially as we are nowhere near our best. But we really need to step up a gear.

To be fair to the team that is an 80% win rate. If we keep that up until the end of the season we'll be on 90+ points.

Like you say though we aren't at our best but we'll be some force when we get there!

That was a struggle today with one eye on Thursdays EL game we really need to be sharper than we were today.

Even when we got back into it the momentum fizzled out a great strike from Tavernier and superbly converted penalty from the hard working Kemar Roofe.

Kent ,Aribo,Alfredo and  Kamara were all off the pace today in providing a service.

However 3 pts in the bag neuters that horrible little cunts goal.

36 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

How’s about you fuck off at this point? 

:lol:

I've already said how I meant it. Not fuck off out of the club. At that moment it was just fuck off in general for us being 1 down and playing shite up until that point (like we had been most of this early season). An angry moment, nothing more, I love Stevie G. 

4 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Yes I'll make it m8, managed to stay out of the madness, couple of beers heading home. 

I was chatting with an old member from this forum on WhatsApp during the game about going to away days and the madness around them. 

Bucky for breakfast, copious lines of coke for lunch and 20/20 for the evening meal all washed down with about 12 pints. 

So well done. :thumbup:

I'm hoping these grinds are building confidence in the team. It's certainly going to start getting in the minds of other sides that even though we are nowhere near our best, we keep finding a way. 

Hopefully they'll be a moment where it all clicks and we find our shooting boots again. I can't take these 1-0, 2-1s all season, heart was in my mouth at the end :lol:

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Everyone keeps saying "we'll get better, wait till we hit top gear" etc etc

But we're now 5 games into the season, and haven't got near playing well consistently, 

Fair point JB but we’ve won four of them so credit for that, but like many on here I am confident that we will improve…