RIP Sir Walter

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

You sometimes don't look outside of the Rangers bubble, but today, we all have. Hearing stories and thoughts from people you would never have thought he knew, is touching. 

I hope it's somewhat of a comfort to his family knowing just how many lives he's impacted.

Sean Dyche had great words. 

As terrible as today is it also makes me feel proud. To read this thread, and to hear the Glasgow divide and football community uniting to praise the legend shows how special he was and great our family is. Sometimes these bad times bring us together and remembering him reinforces how special we are as a Club and how important our values and history are. 

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I’ve lost track so sorry if already posted, Boydy

What a great little story, and of course boydy would laugh at it….they both knew what he was good at and there was that unspoken respect that went both ways.

It’s a shame you only hear these little stories when something happens like this but in a way it will give moments of comfort and the odd smile or laugh remembering what a great man he was.

5 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Photo looks like it’s been taken with a Potato but was lucky enough to be staying in the team hotel one away trip against PSV must be 10 years ago now and my Dad and I managed to get a few minutes talking to him in the bar after the game and he was a gentlemen through and through. It was one of those moments where you could feel the aura of somebody, he felt like a giant. 

I couldn’t have put it any better than a previous poster, as somebody born in 86 he feels like everything when it comes to Rangers. He was born to be a hero at our club. What an utter legend of a man. 

2EA0E010-0B4F-45B7-9423-F63387559D89.jpeg

Superb mate 👍🇬🇧

45 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Pep Guardiola:

'I am so very sad to hear the news of Walter Smith's passing.

I was of course very aware of Walter's impressive management career before I came to the Premier League. Through his role as technical consultant for the LMA, I have had the opportunity over the past five years to get to know him and see what a humble, insightful and very genuine man he was.

I always enjoyed spending time with Walter and we had been planning to have dinner together again.

I feel very fortunate to have had the chance to get to know him and I send my deepest condolences to Walter's wife Ethel, his sons Neil and Steven, his grandchildren and all of his family who have lost a very special man'

Great managers keep great company.

59 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

Devastate today, I can’t describe to folk unless you’re a Rangers fan why I’m so sad, I’ve cried about 4-5 times today, tomorrow’s going to be a tough one    💔🤍💙

Sickener mate, the big Dutch guy I was working with today doesn’t speak great English and trying to get words out to tell him why my mood changed, I wasn’t even gony attempt to explain to him but he’s was asking if I was angry with him so had to explain myself🙁