Goldson

GOAT

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Goldson is being overanalysed .

Back 4 kept the zero ,partly due to that flick clearance,What more do you need .

Very true. Both defense and prosecution are at it here. Think we need to just get back to supporting him and the team and letting the contract stuff take care of itself.

He defended well tonight.

If we had better midfielders then they would take the ball off him to stop him making mistakes with every pass. A Barry Ferguson type would take the ball off Goldson before he has the chance to make an arse of it.

We don't have a midfielder like that anymore in games like this as Davis is showing signs of slowing up and Kamara isn't commanding enough.

I'd be amazed if a proper CM isn't at the top of Gio's shopping list. One that prevents the need to rotate Davis and Arfield.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Pish passing, had a couple of really good moments defensively 

His passing was driving me nuts as it is just so sloppy.....the one where he dallied down the line was also criminal but kudos for the clearance as he bailed Kent out on that occasion 

Not just Goldson with dodgy passing, plenty of others trying to pass through the eye of a needle. Seems our movement in general has slumped and not enough attempting to make themselves available. When they do, the first touch is shocking.

It seems to me that nerves are affecting confidence. They need to relax a bit more and up the ante. We were our own worst enemies last night, sitting deep and allowing the high press. I understand how after the cup semi defeat we were focussed on not losing but to allow Hibs to dominate possession for large chunks made life so hard. What a difference when Davis went off and Arfield came on.

There is not a chance he meant that touch lol the fear in his face as he turned round tells you all you need to know. 

If the contract thing is true this morning then he should be sat down and told to go and get yourself a club January 1st. If you don’t and run down your contract you won’t be part of the squad from January to May. Simple as that

Difficult situation this, can we really get a suitable replacement at the right price in January - I know Souttar's name has been mentioned, he too is out of contract, so could potentially get him on the cheap - is he good enough?  My concern about Goldson staying to the end of the season but heading out, would be his commitment, is he really going to risk injury at the expense of what will probably be his last big move. I think he probably needs to go in the Jan window.

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

I used to resent him for not signing a contract but he is still the best defender at the club so should play.

He's signed a contract, he's honouring the contract. If he chooses not to sign another one then that's his choice and right. 

If you got rid of every player that wanted to play on a bigger stage, or for more cash, then you wouldn't have a team left.

Rangers are a stepping stone club for players and managers. The player trading basis that the club wishes to operate on confirms that.

If you'd a squad full of players where the height of ambition was to play in the Scottish Premiership then we would be in serious bother.

Fundamentally, I agree with you but two other things to consider.

He must already have reached agreement with a club down south as he wouldn’t reject our offer and hang himself out to dry without an escape in place. That means he’ll be off sharpish so we need to get ourselves sorted.

Secondly, this guy had been through heart issues to the point where his career was in doubt and we showed great faith in him. Perhaps, in his mind, winning 55 was the final instalment of his repaying that debt. Not sure that I see it that way.

If there is any alternative (Balogun, King, whoever), I’d put Goldson on the bench until January and send him on his way. Must be on a decent wage, certainly enough to pay for a replacement.

Get it done, Rangers.

28 minutes ago, Jamie29 said:

After that debacle last night the corrupt BBC run with this made up shite , and we have folk on here actually read and post it on our site, fuckin crazy........

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

I used to resent him for not signing a contract but he is still the best defender at the club so should play.

He's signed a contract, he's honouring the contract. If he chooses not to sign another one then that's his choice and right. 

If you got rid of every player that wanted to play on a bigger stage, or for more cash, then you wouldn't have a team left.

Rangers are a stepping stone club for players and managers. The player trading basis that the club wishes to operate on confirms that.

If you'd a squad full of players where the height of ambition was to play in the Scottish Premiership then we would be in serious bother.

I could understand your point about Rangers being a stepping stone for players in we'd plucked him from the English lower leagues but he came from the Premier league. His career was going nowhere.

2 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

I’m with you to an extent mate I think you’re spot on with a lot of that. My biggest gripe is if you’re going to turn your nose up at a new deal then your performances better not go on the slide and it’s safe to say he’s barely kicked a ball all season. Alarming drop off in his form. 

If he wants to warm the bench for a mid/bottom half EPL team then fair enough because he's definitely not an EPL first team regular. If he wants to actually play first team football and win things then he'd stay. I think this is going to be the biggest regret of his career.