them

MisterC

1 hour ago, RockwellGers said:

Happens all the time in football. Absolutely could go our way this season. I'd say they look more likely to win this season, but that's about it. What I won't do is watch all of celtic's games and sit there saying, fuck they're better than us, we're fucked, etc etc

Today I was quietly hoping they might drop points, but expected them to win. The main thing is we won.

I don't think for a minute that they are better than us, they've went on a run and managed to get in front but that's down to us not them, we could and probably should have all but rapped this league up but for the draws.

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

Im going to be more annoyed all the hard work in europe results in them getting automatic champions league windfall.

Thats what will wound us most.

Keeping goldson, barasic especially has cost us, both should have went in August or Jan.

Diallo and Ramsey signings should see wilson gone too. Ego signing which has us a laughing stock.

Not signing souttar is a massive fail.

Would like see Gio with his own players as we have serial losers still in our squad.

Need a real authoriate captain too who puts fear into the team.

Do the fenians have one of them?

4 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Martindale raging after the game. He said Bobby Madden told him that both Madden and the linesman told the ref it was a goal kick and he ignored them. That's where the first goal came from. How do you explain that then? 

It's beyond belief now. Every single game since returning from the winter break.

Both OF games will not be determined by football but rather by referee decisions. I'm sure of it.

11 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Martindale raging after the game. He said Bobby Madden told him that both Madden and the linesman told the ref it was a goal kick and he ignored them. That's where the first goal came from. How do you explain that then? 

Did neither of them see Ralston blatantly handle it, either?

Was a free kick before it became a ‘goal kick’.

2 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Im going to be more annoyed all the hard work in europe results in them getting automatic champions league windfall.

Thats what will wound us most.

Keeping goldson, barasic especially has cost us, both should have went in August or Jan.

Diallo and Ramsey signings should see wilson gone too. Ego signing which has us a laughing stock.

Not signing souttar is a massive fail.

Would like see Gio with his own players as we have serial losers still in our squad.

Need a real authoriate captain too who puts fear into the team.

The problem is we have waited too long some players values have depreciated due to performances so we wont get the money we would have for the likes of Kamara - and we will definitely need to sell if we are actually going to bring in quality replacements.

Looking at the team I wouldnt be sad to see most of them leave, we are filled to the brim with players unable to stand up to the weight of the Rangers jersey and the expectations of supporters or they simply just dont care enough or have the desire. We are in my opinion at the stage of almost a complete rebuild in terms of core players in the starting 11 and players with the ability to impact off the bench. That is a massive failing of both manager (harsh as he is just in the door perhaps) and board. We should have added at least two or three permanent additions to the team capable of influencing results instantly (Souttar wasnt even going to be expensive) to push and inspire us over the line. Instead we have paid 2m quid for letting Ramsay use us as a rehab centre - he could well have an impact and prove me wrong which i truly hope happens but fuck me man 2m quid for this so far. 

Im sick of being so negative and feeling like a doomsayer but its unbelievable we are in this situation and if the unthinkable happens and they get the league and cup to get a treble then heads have to roll at both board and managerial level. Am done talking about this now as the more i think about all of this the more depressed im getting. 

I just want my team to stand up and prove me wrong :(

The league is slipping away from us and we have only ourselves to blame. But, there is still a chance and its the obvious - win all the games til the end of the season. We have been struggling for most of the season, although scrapping wins here and there, but the amount of points we dropped at Ibrox and lately away from home is ridiculous. We still have lost only twice in the league so far, and it might be that we end up empty handed with like 2 or 3 losses for the entire season, because all the draws are fucking us up.

Now up to the the manager and the players to turn things around and to show if they really want it or not. Can they do it - sure. Will they do it - not very sure. Especially with this very tough fixture list in the past month, the EL, the SC and the incredible lack of rotations. 2008 comes to mind. We have played some 9 games for 24 days and at the end the title went to the dark side. 

I may be wrong but I think if the top 6 stays as it is they will need to go to either Hearts, Hibs or Livi away for a 3rd time whilst we would need need to play one of those teams for a 3rd time at home. As I understand it, that is likely to be Hearts as they are the newly promoted side.

Obviously mid table is really tight at the moment so a number of teams could get there but us avoiding a second trip to Tynecastle whilst them having to go there again would be interesting.

8 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Yes I know but the payout won't be substantial and certainly not enough to derail what a CL place can mean. 

There are many variables in that. If it goes to a full proof then they could be looking at substantial damages. The courts are very msticuolous about that and there will also be interest on some of it too. 

7 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I just don't see how they drop points for the rest of the season outside of the game at Ibrox. Even then.

We will never win all the games left either. League done for me today. All our own doing as well.

:lol: Gimp.