*****The official Rangers V Motherwell thread*****

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Lundstram won't be that type of midfielder for us I'm afraid. He's been coached, or being coached into a sitting dmf unfortunately. Genuinely felt he was going to be our wijnaldum at Liverpool shooting from range and breaking beyond the line striker and like Liverpool leaving Henderson and fabinho sitting deep. 

Unless Gerrard has a massive change of tactics which we know won't happen lundstram is another player that is wasting his time at the club

Spot on. We can sign any player but inevitably Gerrard will force them into this system that is now failing us in my opinion.

3 years of this system and the players are probably now bored of it as much as we are.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fantastic is a huge stretch.

We aren't creating clear goal scoring opportunities. Everything's a scramble or a shot through bodies or played wide for a clipped ball into the box.

How many times are we cutting teams open and rolling someone in square for a tap in? Or playing someone through clean on goal.

We are watching football of a really poor quality. We carry next to no fucking threat - Wednesday will be exactly the same and we’ll might hard work of Dundee too. 

Just now, Canabear said:

Is Ryan Jack's absence what is ailing the midfield right now?

There is something missing in the middle of this team and it's been glaring since last season.

Ridiculous decision making in the final third of the park and dodgy defending at times has made this a hard watch so far this season.

I mistakenly thought thats why we signed Lundstram for that energy and desire that we miss without jack. Unfortunately i havent seen anything from him that suggests he has that quality, also its worrying but entirely possible it wont be the same Ryan Jack that we remember when we finally returns to playing. 

Good first half played some nice stuff but you just knew that they were scoring at some point as defence looked a mess.

The midfield set up is an absolute disgrace.

We get pegged back and what does Gerrard do, takes off 2 strikers and puts Morelos on and another midfielder on to play on wing.

He’s so fucking negative it’s unreal just now.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I still think Scott Wright simply isn't Rangers quality. People saying Sakala looked good baffled me too. Borna has been shite and shouldn't have been playing. Bassey has done for more this season. Tav needs dropped for Patterson. 

I honestly think Tav is coasting really. Something like 70% not giving it 100%. His crossing is fckn dire these days. But still better than Barisic’s :ang:

Just now, BigBearButt said:

if you go by our second half performance it probably was a good point. We are fucking stinking in every aspect. Creativity, Desire, Decision making, leadership its all lacking this year and none of the senior and experienced players look like they give a fuck or know how to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. 

I get pelters on here for the stick i give Davis  but its no fucking wonder. He offers next to nothing most games but is still lauded as a top player. Where was he today? As an experienced player and ex captain he should have been barking orders and taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Instead he moused around in midfield playing 5 yard passes sideways at the edge of their box instead of taking responsibility and shooting. Its not good enough. Others are guilty and its not just him but he seems to be a mainstay in the team even though he looks like his legs can only give one decent 45 mins a week at most out of 180.

I dont want to see him and kamara in the same side again, especially at ibrox against what should be fodder. We need to stop giving teams too much respect and get our swagger back.

He looked sharp to me in the first half but faded away quickly in the second - that breakaway was simply comedic for how badly it was fucked. Was one of my very favourite players in his prime but is driving me radio for the most part now. Depressing to see, but avoidable! He should never be playing this many matches at his age. Rest him ffs!

14 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

Gerrard not resting Davis is fucking baffling. 

Even more puzzling given the fact Gerrard thought Lundstram had his best game for us to date against Lyon then drops him and doesn't even get him on the pitch.

Top class management there.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Know what I'm fed up hearing?

"At least"

"At least we're still top" "At least we didn't lose" "At least celtic got beat"

Fucking pathetic from sections of our support. Far too many years of accepting dross and forgetting who the fuck we are despite winning 55.

Pathetic.

Well there isn’t much we can do is there:lol: this is a day where all we can say is at least they lost and we went 1 more point ahead.

Want us to stage a protest or something?

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Know what I'm fed up hearing?

"At least"

"At least we're still top" "At least we didn't lose" "At least celtic got beat"

Fucking pathetic from sections of our support. Far too many years of accepting dross and forgetting who the fuck we are despite winning 55.

Pathetic.

This post I love, and I think this as much to the players as it does to the fans. Pretty sure sourness would have killed certain players already this season and some would have never played for the club again. In fact Walter and possibly dick would be in the same mould 

17 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Unfortunately I can see us dropping the same points they do away from home but they look like they are destroying the lesser teams at home as well which we can't do

They played Dundee and 10 man st Mirren ffs

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I’m talking about the opportunities that we had to shoot today from outside the box mate. Davis and Kamara would miss from 6 yards out. Lundstram can fairly hit a ball. We didn’t need both of them in that team today. 

I doubt Davis or Kamara would even shoot from 6 yards out, they'd try to pass it sideways between each other until they could pass it back to Goldson. 

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Just the way they seem to have downed tools this season. Not one of those players are playying anywhere near like they did last season, u could add goldson into that list as well. 

Thing is we could have got by if 1 of those players was struggling but it's too muvb of a coincidence that our main players were, or have been looking to live have all been poor all season so far 

True - and it doesn’t help the new guys to integrate, at all.

I’ll throw in what will possibly be another unpopular thought - Roofe can blow very hot & cold, too.

We are definitely not firing on all cylinders.