Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

It was different with Souness. He was offered the Liverpool job, which was obviously the dream move for him given his prior history at that club, and he wanted to wait until the season was over. It was Murray who demanded he leave, because back then it was still held that the Rangers Manager should never be looking elsewhere.

This is different. Gerrard seems to have been quietly working his ticket away and has left in an international break like leaving the house in the dead of night with all your clothes packed. He might well have been talking to his pal CEO at Villa when he gave that interview to Emma Dodds. It's far more sleekit and cuntish with Gerrard.

Working his ticket.....Jesus fuck, was Gerrard responsible for Villa losing 5 on the spin which ended up with Dean Smith getting bagged....just face up to facts mate Villa need a new manager and they have identified Gerrard, after 3 and a bit years he clearly feels this is his next step....to suggest he somewhat orchestrated it is just lunacy 

Just now, hammer93 said:

Working his ticket.....Jesus fuck, was Gerrard responsible for Villa losing 5 on the spin which ended up with Dean Smith getting bagged....just face up to facts mate Villa need a new manager and they have identified Gerrard, after 3 and a bit years he clearly feels this is his next step....to suggest he somewhat orchestrated it is just lunacy 

Seemingly he also wasn't really upset at Walter passing either. All just a clever ploy from Gerrard.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Highlights the difference in class more than anything else.

Driven up to Glasgow by the club, unveiled in the Blue Room and then presented to 10,000 fans to an instant heroes welcome.

Compare and contrast him sneaking off a public train carrying his suit bag in hand before he will probably be unveiled in a press room with a generic sponsorship filled background to no fans.

Like i said, I don’t begrudge him doing what he feels is best for his career, but unless he gets the Liverpool job he will never be loved and treated like a god the way he was among our support and be the people running our club.

That’s what he might live to regret when his management is all said and done.

He won't be treated as a God in Liverpool either because he's not a good enough manager, he's been riding the coattails of his name and the fact the taigs arses collapsed and he got 10iar, we've been shit since then with little to no sign of improvement, he'll fail down south 

I assume we will be getting a fair chunk of wonga from Villa for him and the background team? I will be sorry to see him go (feels like I was watching an artist creating some work of art and him walking away before it's finished 😪) I  remember the same anger when Souness left before the season was complete, still stings actually 🤔 but as we all know no one is bigger than our Club absolutely no one 💙 with class and respect, I thank him for his part in our incredible journey 👏 now the King is dead, long live the new King 👍🇬🇧

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

And kiss goodbye to the £40m in the summer from winning the league

Tbh if we got helander back we wouldnt miss goldson, morelos is playing the worst he has since joining us and tav is replaced by patterson (ive said my piece enough times about tav lol) 

Losing kent, kamara would cripple us way more than they 3