SPFL On Red Alert

BlueboyG

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Crowds will not be back in till mid to late February at the earliest. Even at that I can't see it being anywhere near 100%

This break suits they trampy bastards, that's why they want it 

I had posted a couple of weeks back in the now gone covid thread a lockdown of sorts was coming and that from 17th of January each week it was to be reviewed. I only knew this because of my work. 

Tbf, a blind man could see this coming. Only the ones that don’t want to face facts cant see it.

herr sturgeon does not want the game to go ahead, but she can’t be seeing it force it off, so strips back enough freedoms to force the beeks that run the game to postpone it for her.

she can’t cancel Hogmanay then 2 days later let a game go ahead where, at present pubs can accommodate to an extent, plus everybody will just go to mates/family members/ man caves to watch it on the bevvy all day.

she’s giving the spfl enough rope to hang themselves, without looking she’s giving them enough rope, if that makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s amazing how this has turned into a public health emergency within 15 hours. 

I’ve yet to see a journalist of any kind like a spike in Covid cases back to a football match. 

Pushing for this to be brought forward suits one club only. Honestly i hope we fucking romp this league now and smash them all over Parkhead. 

In lockdown last season with no fans and games were played. Now no fans but no lockdown and they want to postpone games, fucking joke. Never going to happen but for sporting integrity  a win for st mirren tonight would be amusing.

10 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Depends how Sky’s schedule is looking. 

If it leaves them short now and/or leaves them overbooked at the end of January then I’d imagine they’d not be best pleased.

Places like Sky are pretty slick operations when it comes to scheduling, it’s not as straightforward as it looks to the consumer; there’s a strategy to what contracts they negotiate and what will be available when; and I just can’t imagine they’ll be chuffed at moving around 15 hours of coverage at a few weeks notice for no obvious reason - not least because the smaller attendances will likely boost Sky subscriptions and viewer numbers! 

Agreed, I’d imagine not pleased would be about right however not that long into a new deal it’ll all be very ‘partnership’ approach to matters - 4 games or so, I’m not sure they’ll be overly concerned or stretched for it to work. Hope I’m wrong as we all know what this is actually about and I’m sick of integrity fc acting with none and getting whatever they want. 

Your last sentence is a interesting point, they’ll have a view right enough in what opportunities closed door presents. 

25 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Yeah I think this will be the case, Sky will be ok with last minute postponements for things that can't be helped. There's zero reason any of these games can't be played though.

There’s a case for Sky’s viewing figures going up if the game is played behind closed doors because 50,000 who would have been there will be watching it for a start.

I sympathise with lesser clubs who face a big drop in income if crowds are cut to 500 but the ringleaders’ main concern has fuck all to do with the fans.

Flange confirming yesterday that Jota has no chance of playing on 2 January gives you a pretty big clue.

After 2007, I never thought the “poor Phil” stunt could be pulled again but the club like no other never fail reach new depths.

2 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

One thing to remember if we think we're getting done over here, we'd be a couple of covid cases away from all of a sudden agreeing with the winter shutdown being brought forward. So I wouldn't go too heavy on the conspiracy theory line. 

Nah, already been mentioned we played the Ibrox game against them with covid cases and just got on with it

17 minutes ago, murzo said:

Just like on the pitch, they don’t want the correct decisions, they just want all the decisions.

They want to show that they are holding the aces behind the scenes in Scottish football and our board continually let them. 

Oh dear.  Everyone can see its made up nonsense closing the football, the same as everything else. So deadly these cunts plan ahead what date to restrict life. If it was so dangerous is would be done with immediate effect. 

More misery heaped on some of us by these cunts who wish to destroy every piece of fun/happiness we have. 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Concerned about health and welfare of the fans and public.  And they honestly expect us to take that shite?

Real pity the health and welfare of their ex Boys Club members aren’t so high up their priority list.

Aye govt so concerned about public health they let murderers and rapists out early, let terrorist return from abroad etc, so many things in life is risks put on us by govt then they try and pretend this is for our own good. Pissed off now. 

This shit doesnt stop. It will he variant, jags, lockdown. Repeat as long as they can. Iv not been to ibrox for a few month now but for some it is literally the only enjoyment in some peoples life they get. 

Just now, Rambo1872 said:

Aye govt so concerned about public health they let murderers and rapists out early, let terrorist return from abroad etc, so many things in life is risks put on us by govt then they try and pretend this is for our own good. Pissed off now. 

This shit doesnt stop. It will he variant, jags, lockdown. Repeat as long as they can. Iv not been to ibrox for a few month now but for some it is literally the only enjoyment in some peoples life they get. 

It'll be hear for another 3 years at least.

Need to hope Sky tell them to fuck off or this will happen.

Hilarious that one option is to push the end of the campaign back a week...

Clearly irrelevant that games might be postponed due to bad weather or we are still in this situation in February.

Assume its only fair that games are cancelled end of Jan and in Feb if the same 500 fans rule is in place? Sporting integrity and all that?

50 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

One thing to remember if we think we're getting done over here, we'd be a couple of covid cases away from all of a sudden agreeing with the winter shutdown being brought forward. So I wouldn't go too heavy on the conspiracy theory line. 

We played the last celtic game when we had covid cases and a manager isolating and STILL won.

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

We played the last celtic game when we had covid cases and a manager isolating and STILL won.

This is zero to do about covid and all about trying to gain any little advantage you can. Whilst Lawwell is still there the tarriers will still have alot of persuasion over the majority. Our club has pretty much zero.

40 minutes ago, markem said:

In a sense you are right mate we would but I think it’s fair to suggest there would be little appetite for the change if the boot was on the other foot. 

As has already been said, fast forward a month and still no fans in, their squad is in a much better place with players back and players signed, we have lost key players to ACON, you can guarantee they’ll want the game played as quickly as possible. 

I’m just sick of things being done on their whim: League needs to be finished now? Done. We want Rangers game as late as possible, Done, We want to play a cup final (Hearts) once they’ve been relegated, done....now, move the winter break.  And that just during Covid before considering Japan Tours, Phil O’Donnell death etc. 

Postponing matches that can be played when we have no idea how things will look in a month is madness and they are only driving it as they have ran their squad into the ground. 

👏🏻👍🏻

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

This is zero to do about covid and all about trying to gain any little advantage you can. Whilst Lawwell is still there the tarriers will still have alot of persuasion over the majority. Our club has pretty much zero.

I know that. I know celtic are cowards

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

This is a fucking scandal btw. I genuinely think they’re could be trouble over this. There is fuck all in the data to suggest that this is required. 129 deaths through omicron, even the MSM is even now reporting that it’s looking like it’s much less dangerous than Delta variant. I don’t know how they expect folk just to take this shit anymore. Why are we all rushing out for a vaccine and fucking booster of our way of life is massively impeded anyway. I’m done with the whole thing. 

The weekly PHS data is due out today