Fashion Sakala

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Beale said at the presser he is off to Saudi. Its them that announce it, not us, when it's complete.

Aye was meaning them. Usually if a player is making statements like that it's inline with new club media team PR announcements. 

He hasn't mentioned a club mind you so doesn't rush them I suppose.

Good luck to him. Drove you up the wall at times but he gave his all and scored some important goals. I don't think he was ever really good enough but then you see how shite we look up top just now and it seems strange to punt him. We must need the money and hopefully it is put to good use.

11 minutes ago, bam74 said:

Good luck to him. Drove you up the wall at times but he gave his all and scored some important goals. I don't think he was ever really good enough but then you see how shite we look up top just now and it seems strange to punt him. We must need the money and hopefully it is put to good use.

We are making a lot of money by selling him. In the area of 4-5 million profit. 

We have to balance the books I suppose. He had a decent goal and assist return last season, but was inconsistent. He clearly wasn't good enough to start every game. We could have kept him as a sub, but 5 million pounds is a lot of money.

Hope he does well in Saudi Arabia, and he will be paid well for his efforts(probably more than we paid him). Best for all concerned imo. 

If we're getting £4m for Sakala we are right to take it, especially if he isn't going to be a huge part of Beale's plans. 

It's what we need to do in terms of balancing the books and generating income for the next batch of players. It's then relying on the scouting team to identify quality to replace him.

I like the wee man and sad to see him go, but its what we did so poorly in the past and what we need to do to progress. 

15 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We are making a lot of money by selling him. In the area of 4-5 million profit. 

We have to balance the books I suppose. He had a decent goal and assist return last season, but was inconsistent. He clearly wasn't good enough to start every game. We could have kept him as a sub, but 5 million pounds is a lot of money.

Hope he does well in Saudi Arabia, and he will be paid well for his efforts(probably more than we paid him). Best for all concerned imo. 

Sold a few players and let plenty run out of contract so there was no real spend if I am correct, should have add a decent budget into that from season tickets etc

18 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Sold a few players and let plenty run out of contract so there was no real spend if I am correct, should have add a decent budget into that from season tickets etc

Not sure of the overall figures mate. Don't know what the players who left were getting paid for one. Pretty sure we need to balance the books.  Maybe sell Wright and Sakala and get a couple of others in and we should be set.

Beale has said we need to sell before we bring anyone else in. 

We have signed about 9 new players though, so it is down to Beale now.

Just hope that the Kilmarnock game was a one off. 

8 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

The usual massive Fashion cheeser isn’t there in his Saudi pics today. I’m sure the cash will soften the blow but it definitely sounds and looks like he’s gutted to be leaving.  Proper forced smile on him.

Right decision for him to leave from our perspective though

I’m sure it will reappear after his first wage packet.