Fashion Sakala

G.E.C.

I'm happy enough that we are selling Sakala for what will likely be a decent sum which I expect to be in excess of £3 million no doubt with extras subject to certain criteria.  He's seems a lovely guy but he is far too erratic for me.   The near identical sitters missed  in cup games against the dark side are prime examples.   I see a lot of posts of people sad to  see him go but I think that is more about frustration at our recent performances rather than an actual liking for Sakala's playing ability.   Having said that, we are all allowed an opinion.

Listening to Beale, it seemed to me that it was made plain to Sakala that he was still wanted but that he wouldn't be a first pick.  The Saudi offer seemed to be very attractive and Sakala decided to accept.   That is my take on Beale's comments.

I'm actually surprised he's going to Saudi as he seems a devout Christian and that is not something that is allowed in public in Saudi.   Anyway I wish him well.

33 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm happy enough that we are selling Sakala for what will likely be a decent sum which I expect to be in excess of £3 million no doubt with extras subject to certain criteria.  He's seems a lovely guy but he is far too erratic for me.   The near identical sitters missed  in cup games against the dark side are prime examples.   I see a lot of posts of people sad to  see him go but I think that is more about frustration at our recent performances rather than an actual liking for Sakala's playing ability.   Having said that, we are all allowed an opinion.

Listening to Beale, it seemed to me that it was made plain to Sakala that he was still wanted but that he wouldn't be a first pick.  The Saudi offer seemed to be very attractive and Sakala decided to accept.   That is my take on Beale's comments.

I'm actually surprised he's going to Saudi as he seems a devout Christian and that is not something that is allowed in public in Saudi.   Anyway I wish him well.

What do you mean by devout Christian in public? Isn't Ronaldo playing there?

3 hours ago, Ben10 said:

What do you mean by devout Christian in public? Isn't Ronaldo playing there?

Christian and other religions, including other Islamic sects that are not the main sect in Saudi, which is Sunni, are not allowed to practise their worship in public, but it is permitted in private.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Was never the answer for us but still looked better than they three up front now.

Probably true just now but let’s see what we’re saying in a few months.

Sakala seems to have become a better player in the minds of our support since he left us. Wish him well but never good enough for us.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Probably true just now but let’s see what we’re saying in a few months.

Sakala seems to have become a better player in the minds of our support since he left us. Wish him well but never good enough for us.

Agree he was never the answer but was far more dangerous up front than any of the new signings.

21 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Agree he was never the answer but was far more dangerous up front than any of the new signings.

After two competitive games you’re 💯correct. You can just see he was so much better than them 

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

After two competitive games you’re 💯correct. You can just see he was so much better than them 

I think Beale wasn't keen on Sakala because he was unpredictable and couldn't be coached to be a robot.

Think Hagi is similar. Both aren't world beaters but offer something different than the vast majority of our squad does which is taking risks and being unpredictable.

1 minute ago, GaryMc said:

I think Beale wasn't keen on Sakala because he was unpredictable and couldn't be coached to be a robot.

Think Hagi is similar. Both aren't world beaters but offer something different than the vast majority of our squad does which is taking risks and being unpredictable.

Aye that’s it gaz 

Despite the sprinkling of big names and established players going to the Saudi league the overall standard of the league will remain dugshit for a long time yet. Sakala should do quite well there I'd of thought.

32 minutes ago, left winger said:

Thank fuck we won well today. Place would have gone into meltdown if we’d dropped points and he scored.

Could be worse Cedric Itten could have been the top scorer last season in the Swiss super league and already scored two in three this season…….,,,

no wait……..,WHAT