Who’s Our Biggest Signing Since Gazza?

Would be interesting to see what people’s thoughts on this are after it coming up in another thread?

We’ve had guys who played in the Champions League final - which is the pinnacle of club football - not long before they joined us in Prso & Porrini, along with Klos who won it in 1997 just 18 months or so before he signed for us.

We’ve had the likes of GVB, Artera & Gattuso who went on to be very well known players around Europe but were still quite early on in their careers when they were with us.

There’s been a string of guys who were sort of middle of the road name value the Flo, Mendes, Tugay & Reyna’s of the world.

And we’ve had several players who were big name, quality players in their day but were probably past their best when they joined us -  Frank de Boer, Claudio Caniggia, Bruno Alves, Niko Kranjcar, Andrei Kanchelskis, Henning Berg, Jermain Defoe.

However for me it’s a straight choice between Artur Numan & Ronald de Boer but I think De Boer probably edges it.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Would be interesting to see what people’s thoughts on this are after it coming up in another thread?

We’ve had guys who played in the Champions League final - which is the pinnacle of club football - not long before they joined us in Prso & Porrini, along with Klos who won it in 1997 just 18 months or so before he signed for us.

We’ve had the likes of GVB, Artera & Gattuso who went on to be very well known players around Europe but were still quite early on in their careers when they were with us.

There’s been a string of guys who were sort of middle of the road name value the Flo, Mendes, Tugay & Reyna’s of the world.

And we’ve had several players who were big name, quality players in their day but were probably past their best when they joined us -  Frank de Boer, Claudio Caniggia, Bruno Alves, Niko Kranjcar, Andrei Kanchelskis, Henning Berg, Jermain Defoe.

However for me it’s a straight choice between Artur Numan & Ronald de Boer but I think De Boer probably edges it.

Can't really argue with most of that although I think you have overlooked 1 signing in particular, the return of Barry Ferguson. Perhaps because he had been here before or perhaps because he's done himself no favours in the eyes of Rangers fans over the last few years but I think too many people underestimate just how big that signing was for us at that moment in time. I don't know about anyone else but I just knew that we'd be extremely successful when he came back. 

Ronald de Bear was the name on every ones lips.
He had a CV full of trophies on the continent and was part of a multi million buy along with Big Frank.
One year later he was at our club,and positive he scored more than 40 goals for one ecstatic massive fan .