It's now expected

hammer93

As frustrating as he can be with his over-hit and under-hit crossing he is an absolute gem. His number are tremendous. His work rate is unreal aswell. Could probably slot into most teams in the world. 

41 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

As frustrating as he can be with his over-hit and under-hit crossing he is an absolute gem. His number are tremendous. His work rate is unreal aswell. Could probably slot into most teams in the world. 

If that was the case then you wonder why no team has came calling. Not complaining though. 

Hopefully the new Turkish lad will come on and offer the same attacking threat on the left as Tav does on the right.

We're lopsided with Barasic either content to let Kent do it all himself, or too keen to play the ball sideways or back.

56 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

They 2 shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath, Barisic pulled out of at least 2 tackles today, the sooner Yilmaz is upto speed the better, never a Rangers player imo

Throw Yilmaz straight in regardless if he is upto speed or not. Another minute of Barisic on the pitch sends a shudder up my spine.

14 minutes ago, Rlm said:

Cant understand southgate not giving him one game in the nations league...I know theres a few who " may" be better but there would be no harm in giving him a run out.

Any player that doesn't get picked for his national team but starts for us is far better than those playing international football. 

Fuck international football.

He’s everything a modern fullback should be. The wing back role was made for him. I can understand why he’s not played Internationally but he’s unlucky. A much better player than he’s credited and 100% a future Hall of Fame player. 

1 hour ago, Nk89 said:

They 2 shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath, Barisic pulled out of at least 2 tackles today, the sooner Yilmaz is upto speed the better, never a Rangers player imo

That's why I mentioned *imagine* that Barisic had the same ethic. Didn't compare him to Tav

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Any player that doesn't get picked for his national team but starts for us is far better than those playing international football. 

Fuck international football.

Aye fair enuf. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Also remarkable its his 8th season with us and when he joined where we were to now. 

His levels have risen as we have and no other player managed that with us. European final, joint top scorer and 55.

When you really look back at it he's a cult hero to our younger support.

Many of us have questioned his captaincy and mentality at times including me which is ridiculous really.

It is a remarkable story. Now part of the bricks and mortar of the stadium.

James Tavernier Is quite literally a freak of nature. An elite athlete and model pro who's stats for a full back are fucking ridiculous. If he played in the EPL and produced half of those numbers he would be valued at silly amounts of money. He's a diamond and a rarity we are lucky to have.