DR gunning for Heart and Hand

magic8ball

2 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

😂😂😂 We even get the blame for chanting so they couldn't make the audio out even though a policeman witnessed it. We really do live in a cesspit of a country.

Aye the last words written in this article about a celtic fan shouting sectarian abuse it 

PC McLennan replied: "Yes, it doesn't help when Rangers fans are chanting."

25 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Welcome to Scotland

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19564710.celtic-fan-cleared-bigotry-Rangers-fans-glasgow-sheriff-court/

celtic fan cleared of bigotry against Rangers fans at Glasgow Sheriff Court

A SHERIFF cleared a celtic fan of bigotry despite telling him he used sectarian language.

Thomas Boyle, 18, allegedly shouted abuse at Rangers fans at celtic Park in December 2019.

Boyle was claimed to have said: "Get to f*** you bunch of dirty orange b******s."

This was backed up by witness PC Stuart McLennan who recorded the incident on a handheld camcorder.

But, Sheriff Kenneth Hogg found the case against Boyle not proven after poor audio on the video of the alleged incident.

He told Boyle: "I have seen the evidence and looked at the video.

"The question is whether you used sectarian abuse.

"You and I both know you used sectarian abuse.

"The fortunate position for you is I can't establish that on the basis of the law with corroboration.

"Looking at the video, I would be convicting someone for crass stupidity and I can't convict someone for that.

"You would have been convicted if the evidence was stronger and you are fortunate the evidence doesn't stack up."

Boyle, of the city's Govan, was acquitted of the single threatening or abusive behaviour aggravated by religious prejudice charge.

PC McLennan told Glasgow Sheriff Court earlier that he heard Boyle shouting abuse at Rangers fans at the segregation 15 minutes after the final whistle.

Prosecutor Ross Cannighan asked the officer to describe what was said.

He replied: "Get to f*** you bunch of dirty orange b******s."

The officer added that Boyle said it in an "aggressive" tone and it was "alarming."

The court was then shown the footage from the match.

Boyle appeared to shout before rubbing his stomach while looking in the direction of the Rangers fans.

Des Ziolo, defending, said: "It's not clear what is said on the camera footage."

So is the judge saying that if it’s not caught clearly on video then it’s not an offence? Maybe the police could have doctored the video so that his shouts were clear, I’ve heard this is quite common nowadays in some circles.

25 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

"Yes, it doesn't help when Rangers fans are chanting."

Rabid walks free on guilty verdict as stated by the judge,of bigotry and using sectarian language.
"You know it and i know it"
The highlighted part makes it sound like it was Rangers fans fault.
plod and the whole legal system not fit for purpose,and needs a full overhaul.  

4 hours ago, Siam69 said:

I'm glad i don't do twitter, seems like a cess pit free for all.

Even my Facebook is not my real 2nd name.

Far too man maniacs frequent such places, fuck having to worry about what i posted 10 years ago.

Still, great to see the hypocrisy of these cunts that do getting exposed. Hope this runs and runs, would love to see more mainstream media outlets pick up on it down here .................i'm keeping a keen eye out in hope ...

Twitter is full of egomaniacs and retarded covid deniers and flat earthers. 

It's where you go if you seek attention, failed at school and want to meet similar people to rant about shit you have no idea about. 

The vast majority of the journalists on it are utter cunts promoting their shite wee stories. 

I only use it for the Rangers official Twitter account

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

So is the judge saying that if it’s not caught clearly on video then it’s not an offence? Maybe the police could have doctored the video so that his shouts were clear, I’ve heard this is quite common nowadays in some circles.

He's saying if it's not caught clearly in video there's no corroboration of the cop's witnessing of it, which there has to be to convict.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

He's saying if it's not caught clearly in video there's no corroboration of the cop's witnessing of it, which there has to be to convict.

Are you trying to suggest witness testimonies have no bearing on verdicts anymore and we can only rely on clear smart phone videos?

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Welcome to Scotland

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19564710.celtic-fan-cleared-bigotry-Rangers-fans-glasgow-sheriff-court/

celtic fan cleared of bigotry against Rangers fans at Glasgow Sheriff Court

A SHERIFF cleared a celtic fan of bigotry despite telling him he used sectarian language.

Thomas Boyle, 18, allegedly shouted abuse at Rangers fans at celtic Park in December 2019.

Boyle was claimed to have said: "Get to f*** you bunch of dirty orange b******s."

This was backed up by witness PC Stuart McLennan who recorded the incident on a handheld camcorder.

But, Sheriff Kenneth Hogg found the case against Boyle not proven after poor audio on the video of the alleged incident.

He told Boyle: "I have seen the evidence and looked at the video.

"The question is whether you used sectarian abuse.

"You and I both know you used sectarian abuse.

"The fortunate position for you is I can't establish that on the basis of the law with corroboration.

"Looking at the video, I would be convicting someone for crass stupidity and I can't convict someone for that.

"You would have been convicted if the evidence was stronger and you are fortunate the evidence doesn't stack up."

Boyle, of the city's Govan, was acquitted of the single threatening or abusive behaviour aggravated by religious prejudice charge.

PC McLennan told Glasgow Sheriff Court earlier that he heard Boyle shouting abuse at Rangers fans at the segregation 15 minutes after the final whistle.

Prosecutor Ross Cannighan asked the officer to describe what was said.

He replied: "Get to f*** you bunch of dirty orange b******s."

The officer added that Boyle said it in an "aggressive" tone and it was "alarming."

The court was then shown the footage from the match.

Boyle appeared to shout before rubbing his stomach while looking in the direction of the Rangers fans.

Des Ziolo, defending, said: "It's not clear what is said on the camera footage."

What is the betting they have no such issue in decifering the words of the famine song when the guys arrested this week come to court. 

Word of a live officer obviously not good enough for the court either. Guess there would have to have been two of them. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Are you trying to suggest witness testimonies have no bearing on verdicts anymore and we can only rely on clear smart phone videos?

No I'm suggesting the cop's witness evidence, according to Scots Law, needs corroborating.

8 hours ago, gmcf said:

At work , so things may have changed , but it is quite striking the lack of exposure,  outside of one newspaper report , this is getting . 

Wheres people like the hag , spears , humza or dornan who are usually quite vocal with this sort of thing . Not even heard a peep out of Police Scotland , for that matter . 

Now we can see why sectarianism has been replaced by anti catholic or anti Irish.  

Yeah , I'm disappointed that the Record would run a story like this in the first place . It's a spiteful and hateful thing to do , it really is .

The lack of blood lust from our usual bastions of morality is deafening it's so quiet . 

You'd have thought the people you mention would have been first out the trap on this one .

The reason they aren't is because they are sectarian bigots . Absolute dregs of humanity .  

27 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

Yeah , I'm disappointed that the Record would run a story like this in the first place . It's a spiteful and hateful thing to do , it really is .

The lack of blood lust from our usual bastions of morality is deafening it's so quiet . 

You'd have thought the people you mention would have been first out the trap on this one .

The reason they aren't is because they are sectarian bigots . Absolute dregs of humanity .  

I think the club should have called them out.