COVID Breach

falkirkNS

9 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Daft cunts, if they'd ordered 5 curries and pakora, then another 5 curries and pakora for the flat next door 10 minutes later they might have got away with it. 

Well thank fuck they're thick as mince, otherwise they would have went to training today and put our whole squad at risk.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

All that potential is tempered by the players' willingness to put the work in to fulfil it. If they can't be trusted to act responsibly while on the brink of arguably the most important season in the club's history in decades, it puts a big, big question mark over that potential.

They can have all the ability in the world but, and I don't think I'm speaking out of turn here, Gerrard has made it perfectly clear that ability isnt the be-all-and-end-all. Youve got to have the mentality and personality to actually get there. If after seeing what happened to Jones/Edmundson didn't serve as a warning to the players what not to do, then they are seriously lacking in that respect

Don't disagree that it takes more than ability and SG may very well decide that they need to go, the board may agree and off they go, or the board may disagree for financial reasons and they stay. All of this will be getting discussed today I would imagine and decisions getting made.

My opinion is that they should be given a second chance, your opinion (stated as a fact) is that they won't be given a second chance.

We can have our opinions but the facts will only be confirmed by the club

Just now, the cry was no said:

Don't disagree that it takes more than ability and SG may very well decide that they need to go, the board may agree and off they go, or the board may disagree for financial reasons and they stay. All of this will be getting discussed today I would imagine and decisions getting made.

My opinion is that they should be given a second chance, your opinion (stated as a fact) is that they won't be given a second chance.

We can have our opinions but the facts will only be confirmed by the club

You've mis-stated my position quite considerably. They have brought about a set of circumstances where they will continue to suffer consequences as a result of their actions long after the club's disciplinary process is concluded. Any lengthy ban finishes their season so they are looking at July/August before they play again. They might get a second chance but, like Jones after his Old Firm red card, they have to start from square one all over again and rebuild the manager's trust in them

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If it is a curry delivery driver who has done them (don't think its true myself) then he's a hero. If he wanted to really fuck us he would have dropped it to a journalist tomorrow after they had been in at training for a couple of days.

Maybe he was trying to curry flavour with the club.

Maybe if he had Korma’d out with this on Tuesday Naan would have believed him.

👀

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Hope the delivery driver gets sacked for breaching data protection and customer confidentiality. 

??? They ordered the meals, gave their name and address , credit card details , the shop knew who one of them was . No data protection act broken.

35 minutes ago, stu43rigger said:

There’s a difference though between having a curry with your bird round a team mates house and going to a party full of complete strangers

Not in the eyes of the law its not if the police are called in.

Arguably the players mightn't need to self isolate, but if one got covid and went to the next training session then what's the difference in impact on squads being decimated with each of your scenarios? Zero.

5 hours ago, tannerall said:

In the circumstances it is fortunate he did. 

The police would probably endorse his action, even if wrong, as it is his right to inform them of perceived law breaking.  Company can't over ride those sort of rights. But he may have had some sort of duty to inform his employers straight away if doing this.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not in the eyes of the law its not if the police are called in.

Arguably the players mightn't need to self isolate, but if one got covid and went to the next training session then what's the difference in impact on squads being decimated with each of your scenarios? Zero.

Except in the jones edmundson scenario they were with people that they wouldn’t normally interact with so the chances of catching Covid are higher than they would be if they stuck by the rules, with bassey and Paterson if they were amoung team mates and their girlfriends then the potential for catching covid is no greater than what it would have been had the gathering not taken place