*****Official Champions V Hibs Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

Crosses for the two goals were great, but we need to find a way to score other goals too and create more clear cut shots on goal. Haven't checked the stats but goals from crosses and set pieces must make up a huge % of our goals this season.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

We conceded a shite goal mate but Hibs barely threatened and whilst the 2nd half was tense there was only one team in it.

Wasn’t fully confident we were going to get the winner though. We dominated after the sending off but constantly needing late winners is proper stressful.

Just now, bluenoz said:

So-so. It's a red card all day long mate, not lucky.

Nathan had two over hit crosses. One in the first-half and one in the second. Apart from that, he was 7/10

100% a red card mate but I bet ye it gets rescinded.

The fact he doesn't catch Aribo clean will be seen as the reason it's not a red card rather than the fact Porteous got lucky he didn't break his leg. Red card all day. 

Would say that's spot on with Patterson. I've nothing against him btw, delighted to see a young player come through the youth and be linked with big clubs for big cash. He has a much higher ceiling than Tav and could go on to be a quality player.

I just personally don't like the screams for Tav to be dropped after a few below par games when players around him have been much worse. He seems to be the scapegoat for everything and has been for years now, had hoped last year would've stopped that but clearly not.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Aw you'd like that eh Scotty, fantanas deid so you can post your shiny laminate in pictures without fear of comment......many years to go yet my friend.....

Yaaaaassss, was going to insult you but I'm in the middle of a drunken sing song on the bus, who got buried in a pencil case. 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Amazing what happens with a bit of width, getting your strikers in the box and putting some quality into your crosses!

Hopefully it catches on!

Thought we put some great balls in today, Aribo needs to be more clever with his runs in the box IMO. Roofe is fantastic at peeling off defenders 

5 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Wasn’t fully confident we were going to get the winner though. We dominated after the sending off but constantly needing late winners is proper stressful.

I do love a late winner though after a slog of dominating and missing loads of half chances + decent ones 😂

Unfortunately didnt see the game today due to work but just delighted with the result. My heart sunk when I checked the score 15 minutes in.

No surprise though that we kicked on once taking off one of our holding players and playing Roofe and Morelos together again!