When will he realise ….

KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Agree with 1,2 and 4 . 

While I usually wouldn't start Sakala I do think he offers us something as an impact sub . 

He’s really needing some serious coaching though. His final ball is pish and he flatters to deceive although I do think with the right coaching he could improve 

1 minute ago, goaaaal said:

I'd disagree that Sakala isn't worthy of a starting place as he has decent ability out wide and cutting in .

Contrast Kent who imo has failed miserably with cutting inside running at two players losing possession rather than see the options of the pass rinse and repeat with him just about every week for a winger he flatters to deceive and still gets a starting place as do more than a few others in midfield.

The short passing and crossing at times is absolutely brutal from Rangers today's first half underlnes these crap performances despite the changes nothings changed .

Sakala's a funny one . He's usually ' aw sugar or aw shite ' .

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

That could apply to the majority of them tbh 😃.

Earlier this season the lad like Roofe today rescued a few games he's got skill and can get by players when it looked between Bacana,Roofe  and him before Ittens Return I'd have Sakala over Bacuna eg.

He's scored some sensational goals and has a decent finish in him .

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s really needing some serious coaching though. His final ball is pish and he flatters to deceive although I do think with the right coaching he could improve 

Yeah , he certainly has more off moments than on moments and his shooting is too often rushed and miles high , but on his game is a benefit . 

Today , for example , while not at his best was saw a lot of the ball and was a constant menace when he came on . 

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Neat and tidy but doesn't offer any more than we already have.

We lacked ball winners from that starting midfield yet Sands was praised for doing exactly that.

So alongside Jack he was very effective ,yettoday with Arfield no stranger to winning midfield battles they were both ineffective as were all our midfield.

That's on the management imo

18 minutes ago, gmcf said:

He's sort of chaotic in a good way (and fast of course), which come across better than it is when we are so ploddingly, slowly, boringly, predictable. 

But he plays the ball like he has pinball flippers for feet.

Nothing game off for Sakala but at least he was busy. He is a proper winger. In years past, we have shoehorned Arfield, Hagi, Aribo, Roofe and countless others to no effect on the right side.

If a centre forward is lightning fast, I play Balogun. If not, Helander is the better defender.

We can't win the remaining 14 games without rotation but you don't replace all 3 midfield players in the same game.

Today and last week the changes were brought in yet for weeks in any part of this season we've saw how ineffective our midfield has been yet first half today was a total shambles such is the jeckyll & Hyde nature of this team be it delivery from wide and especially crucial in any midfield.

Piss poor passing no ball winners has been a constant and for an ex midfielder GVB has to see that it was the same with the previous manager.

If they ring the changes then they have to have the balls to exert their demands on those players only then would it come to fruition and bear out in consistent performances in that area of the park thus making positions more stable as your are effectively holding down your place .

Injuries haven't been an overall factor in most of these anomalies of our midfield this or last season.

1 minute ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Also think we'd be better off playing Lowry domestically than playing defensive midfielders.

100%.

I think he was sacrificed because it was an OF B game. If not, he may have had an outside chance of starting.

Playing both Lundstram & Sands is counterproductive. It has to be one or the other.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Nothing game off for Sakala but at least he was busy. He is a proper winger. In years past, we have shoehorned Arfield, Hagi, Aribo, Roofe and countless others to no effect on the right side.

If a centre forward is lightning fast, I play Balogun. If not, Helander is the better defender.

We can't win the remaining 14 games without rotation but you don't replace all 3 midfield players in the same game.

Helander is nowhere near where he was pre injury and doubt he will be this season.

33 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

His best CB pairing is Balagun and Goldson 

Starting defensively in midfield will produce nothing. 

playing Sakala is just wrong 

Consistency is absolute key and rotation doesn’t work because our depth of squad is pish 

I get why he play's Sakala as he's supposed to offer width but the next time he takes on a defender and beats him will be the first time.

36 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Consistency is absolute key and rotation doesn’t work because our depth of squad is pish 

Balogun aint fit enough to play every game, hence the change, LB is very injury prone. 

32 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Out best central defence pairing when everyone is fit is Goldson and Helander ( who when fit is our best defender)  I agree about the two defensive midfielders this is not required in league games unless we are playing them 

Sakala is not everyone’s cup of tea but he constantly goes at defenders and try’s to get in behind  he mad a massive difference today in the second half he can be frustrating but he at least always goes forward