General Football & Sport

Everything in the sports world that is non-Rangers related.

26,450 topics in this forum

1. Worst red card ever? 1 2

• 35 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 11 replies
  2. Niall McGinn

• 13 replies
  3. Smokin

• 20 replies
  4. Rugby World Cup 2011

• 6 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 34 replies
    • 6 replies
  5. Arsenal Team

• 22 replies
    • 0 replies
  6. Histon V Leeds

• 5 replies
  7. Chelsea or Linfield 1 2

• 29 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 11 replies
  8. ***Scum vs Caley***

• 17 replies
  9. Caldwell

• 7 replies
  10. 1,2,3. . . . Awwwww

• 13 replies
  11. Letter to Sony

• 11 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 4 replies
  12. Fernando Torres

• 7 replies
  13. john reid

• 14 replies
    • There was no money to give him. We'd hit our limit after financing his squad build over 3 seasons.  Gerrard didn't want to sell to refresh. 
    • Yeh outside of Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV there aren’t big spenders. But he’s on fire and just won Eredivisie player of the month and the Utrecht fans are melting over him. So fingers crossed
    • We absolutely must have these structures in place if we want to compete long term with decent European sides, otherwise we'll get left behind in terms of getting talent for less than we currently pay.  We've been really poor at setting longer term strategies.   
    • This squad of players as bad as they are got back into a title race we all believed was dead and buried.....by hook or by crook we got to the top of the league....three games later we choked at home to Motherwell only to be given a lifeline again the next day.....what has followed speaks volumes for a squad of players who simply cannot handle the pressure....nervous energy is the reason they are incapable of doing the basics....fucking ridiculous that we have gifted that shitey celtic team another title....get rid of the supposed experience in the ranks and sign young hungry players....I swear I will cry if Lundstram gets another contract and Tav is still captain next year
    • We need to win midfield battle to hide the other sins in our game.  Dept for Dept, they are superior, except for Goalie.  They are by far a superior footballing side. They have a clear identity, a clear style, and they know when they play us that harassing us causes us to panic and make mistakes or go long. In short, they have our fucking number.  What do we do about that? For a start, out number them in the middle. Make it a fkn battle in there as opposed to the free ride they get just now. If I watched them execute a 3rd man running drill once, with us not dealing with it, I watched it 30 times.  I'm fkn appalled at our lack of fight, guile and street smarts in these games. They are a yard quicker than we are. And that's just embarrassing.  Being on the front foot makes you are a yard quicker than being on back foot. That tells you everything.   As for going forward, we have a Cup Final. We need to be more aggressive in the front foot sense. And we need to go and win the midfield by outnumbering them. Not just that though, we need those numbers to go and impact their direct opponent.  Clement needs to try something different. We can't outplay them, they are better than we are. Harsh fkn reality. 
  • Popular Contributors